- 1.Long-term Care Planning
- 2.What is a Life Care Plan?
- 3.Elder Law – Life Care Planning: An Introduction
- 4.What Makes Dafoe Law different?
- 5.4 Steps to Choosing the Right Nursing Home
- 6.How an Elder Care Coordinator Can Help When You and Your Loved One Need Caregiving
- 7.Ten Organizations that Provide Resources for Aging Seniors Who Live Independently
By Courtney Darling, Elder Care Coordinator
Medicaid planning is part of elder law, but often is something that is only thought of during a crisis. Life Care Planning is more holistic. It focus on the elder’s quality of life. It starts before you have a crisis.
Life Care Planning assists elders in receiving the best quality of care at each stage of life. Life Care Planning provides for quality care for our clients, the caregivers, family, and also that quality of life we each so want.
Life Care Planning provides numerous additional to elders. It can maximize resources to pay for quality care. It assists in setting goals, financial and health information as well as expertise to apply funds to maintain a way of life and choice.
Life Care Planning uses Elder Care Coordinators to coordinate the care between multiple professionals and health care settings, as well as ensuring that the client’s needs are put first. As an Elder Care Coordinator, my focus is to allow your loved one to comfortably age at home. And I will assist our clients as they move along the continuum care. I advocate for our clients, as I work with them to explore the available options, assist with transitions, and seek the best outcome for our clients.
As an Elder Care Coordinator, I have multiple roles. I assist clients and families to identify quality care issues and assist with the positive outcomes and goals. I identify and arrange in-home assistance and other services to meet their needs. I continually review situations of clients and offer referrals to appropriate agencies all the while maximizing the benefit of their financial resources. I coordinate with multiple professionals, health care settings, and other providers. I provide support, guidance, advice, and education while offering emotional support to our clients and families.
When thinking about elder care planning, you should ask, is who benefits from this approach?
– Any elder with worries about quality of care for the future.
– The caregivers will benefit. This allows for a knowledgeable person for them to turn to. And
– The families will also reap the benefits. It will give them a peace of mind that there is someone a phone call away to answer questions, advocate, and problem solve for them.
“In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.” ~Abraham Lincoln~
Dafoe Law, PLLC is a Life Care Planning law firm serving the Estate Planning, long-term care, probate, and trust administration needs of clients in Saginaw, Bay, Genesee, Huron and Tuscola Counties. Dafoe Law serves Frankenmuth, Bridgeport, Birch Run, Reese, Millington, Clio, Vassar, Saginaw, Saginaw Township, Freeland, Thomas Township, Spaulding Township, Burt, Bay City, Essexville, Munger, Kochville Township, Caro, Cass City, Sebewaing, Unionville, Pigeon, Bad Axe. Travis I. Dafoe is a member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorney and WealthCounsel. Dafoe Law, PLLC is also a member of the Life Care Planning Law Firm Association. Start estate plan